Thursday, November 17, 2011

A little bit of preparation is better than none

Glenn’s unsettling feeling on Occupy’s Day of Action


Though he can’t pinpoint the exact reason why he’s feeling it – Glenn says the feeling of urgency to get prepared is stronger now than ever before. We know from history that when things deteriorate economically and socially (unrest) in a country the watershed moment that unleashes the floodgates can happen very quickly. Glenn’s church teaches it’s members in general to be prepared for anything – but Glenn is even more prepared than most. Why?
“I feel a fundamental shift in me and I want to share it with you today,” Glenn said.
“I have been praying for two years, Lord, I want ‑‑ I’ll stand where you want me to stand.  I’ll say what you want me to say.  Just please protect my family and warn me.”
“I cannot say in clearer terms:  You must prepare to be a lifeboat for others and you must prepare your family.”
“One of the things that I will tell you, that you know that I’m a prepared guy.  I practice what I preach.  Everything that I have told you about that I think you should do I have done.  Pat has ‑‑ Pat has been a prepared guy who’s had food in his basement and big, you know, buckets of wheat in his basement ever since I’ve met him.  Freak is what I thought when I first met him.  Then I started to think, wait a minute, there might be something to this.  And now Pat says that I’m the most prepared man he knows, and he knows people ‑‑ he’s grown up in ‑‑ I mean, he’s a member of the Church of Jesus Christ.  He’s a Mormon.  So ‑‑ and so am I.  Those guys are ‑‑ they’re ready for anything.”
“I am underprepared.  I am underprepared.  There are things that I am writing down as fast as I can and things that I am thinking that I’ve got to get done and if you haven’t started, start.  Start.  A little bit of preparation is better than none,” Glenn warned.
“Now, why do I feel this impression now?  Can’t tell you.  I will tell you that I started freaking out about the economy a long time before it happened.”
“I think out of the box.  So I can see over the horizon there, but I cannot see ‑‑ I can’t judge time and distance.  But every alarm bell in me is going off.  And it’s really, for this ‑‑ now and this coming year.  I think it’s coming later, but I want you to know that it could happen in the next five minutes because there are forces out there that no one is really truly paying attention to.”

No comments: