Monday, November 21, 2011

I will continue to enforce both state and federal laws

Dear Fellow Conservative,

Barack Obama's Justice Department has sued me for enforcing illegal immigration laws as Sheriff. They even opened a "civil rights" investigation into my policies, and have worked hand-in-hand with the ultra-liberal ACLU to bring a lawsuit against Arizona for passing a tough anti-illegal immigration law.

Now the Obama administration is pushing to grant a back-door amnesty program to those who break the law by entering this country illegally.

I won't be intimated by the Obama Justice Department, just as I won't be intimated by the Mexican Drug Cartel's placing a $1 million bounty on my head or the daily death threats I receive for doing the job I was elected to do! I pledge to you I will continue to enforce both state and federal laws against illegal immigration without apology, but I can't hold the line alone. We need to elect more men and women who will enforce our existing laws and hold illegal immigrants accountable for their actions. That's why I launched Joe PAC.

This political action committee will support candidates and causes that promote border security and combating illegal immigration. Further, the mission of JoePAC will be to identify and support candidates that also espouse the principles of less government, cutting wasteful spending and promoting real private sector job growth through tax cuts and the elimination of burdensome regulations.

America desperately needs a stronger conservative voice in Washington sounding the alarm on this issue, 

After almost fifty years in law enforcement (many of those as an official with the US Justice Department) and eighteen years as an elected Sheriff, I know a thing or two about the open-borders and amnesty crowd that want their elected officials to look the other way, be silent and allow illegal immigration and human smuggling to continue, while ignoring the laws of our land.

I've never been that kind of Sheriff, and I never will be. I won't back down and surrender to Obama, left-wing politicians and thugs, but I realize the county I represent in Arizona is only small part of the whole picture. We need elected officials in all 50 states at the local, state and federal level who will enforce the laws and fight against illegal immigration. That's why I need your help.

It seems that almost every day a candidate for public office calls me to seek my endorsement. I'm proud to support so many great candidates. But I want to do more than just lend my name to their brochure. I want to make sure they have the financial resources to actually have a winning campaign.


Thank you in advance for your support.

Sincerely,


Sheriff Joe Arpaio
Maricopa County, Arizona

No comments: