Monday, November 28, 2011

Good Riddance

Good Riddance, "Subprime" Barney Frank

November 28, 2011 BEGIN TRANSCRIPT
RUSH:  So Barney Frank is retiring from Congress.  He's not going to seek reelection.  He's gonna announce it in less than an hour -- well, he's announced it.  He's gonna tell us why in less than an hour.  I've been looking into this, and the basic reason, well, it's partly to spend more time with the family.  (laughing) What family?  I don't know, folks.  Figure it out.  It's a redistricting thing.  His district has been rewritten in such a way that he probably could not win it is what really has gone down there and that's pretty much it.  I don't know what he's gonna say.  He's not gonna say that as the reason.  But as far as I'm concerned, good riddance.  If there is a name that is singularly attached to this economic collapse via the subprime mortgage fiasco, it's Barney Frank, along with Chris Dodd as well and most elements of the Democrat Party back in the Clinton years moving forward.
Great to have you with us, folks.  Here we are, kicking off a brand-new week of broadcast excellence, El Rushbo here behind the Golden EIB Microphone.
If running a prostitution ring in your house couldn't make you resign, what does?  Wait.  Barney did not run the prostitution ring.  He said he didn't know that it was going on.  It was his partner at the time, Stephen Gobie.  Yeah.  Barney fixed parking tickets for the clientele at the house.  So if having a prostitution ring being run out of your basement couldn't embarrass you to retire, you do have to wonder what it is.  Look, I've looked into this, and I think it is a redistricting -- (interruption) no, he's not gonna go coach football, Snerdley.  What are you talking about?  Have you heard that?  I thought it was basketball.  Where is he gonna coach football?  Oh, don't get me started on that.  No, no, don't let me start the week with that kind of information.  Don't tell me that's true.  No, no, no, no, no. 
Anyway, we'll find out at one o'clock the reason.
I mean the media's shaken.  The Drive-Bys are terribly upset about this. It caught everybody by surprise.  It's gonna boil down to a redistricting thing where he, I'm sure, was not confident that he could win, pure and simple.  He had a very tough time last time.  He had a tough time last time, and that was in a district that was written for him.  They've gone from ten to nine districts in Massachusetts, and one of the districts took a major hit and a new shape, it was rewritten, new form.  Looked entirely different, it was Barney's.  I also think as part of this, Barney doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who wants to be part of an ongoing minority for an interminable number of years.  And he's gotta know what things are looking like for the Democrat Party in not just the House but the Senate, elections nationwide.
BREAK TRANSCRIPT
RUSH:  Barney Frank just said, among other things, the reason he's quitting Congress is that he's looked at it and he's convinced (impression), "The conservative Republicans will not raise taxes on the very rich. They're not gonna raise taxes, so I'm -- I'm quitting! I'm -- I'm -- I'm moving on! The -- the -- the -- the -- there's nothing for me here. It's just that there no tax increases, and therefore there's no reason to -- to -- to stay."

No comments: