Monday, October 17, 2005

Emily and Job Matusow

Recollection of Emily Matusow

Some encounters in life have very profound effects on how we view ourselves
and others.  I would like to relate just one incident in my life that has
given me a shift of understanding.  The only person that I believe I have ever
met that was as the scriptures said " Without Guile",  was Emily Matusow.  She
was accompanied by a man now a long time friend who must truly have been her
exact in the extreme "opposite".  But that is another story that some day I
will try to tell.
        At the Natural Balance Cafe in Tucson Job and Emily were in the habit
of entertaining the homeless, street people, musicians, intellectuals,
mentally challenged children and normal people such as I.  The food was great,
the conversation way out and the challenges to stinking thinking and hardening
of the attitudes was great.  I was an occasional visitor and was always
welcomed and got to eat some great soup and sandwiches, rubbed shoulders with
some remarkable people and developed long and eternal relationships.
     If any of you knew Job and Emily Matusow please respond, leave a message
so that I can complete this recollection.
        

No comments: