Friday, June 02, 2006

This is from a Hispanic who lives in Texas.

This is from a Hispanic who lives in Texas. He's had a column in theFort Worth Star Telegram and as you can see, expresses himself very well. ASLEEP AT THE WHEEL

I can almost assure you that everyone who is a true American wassickened when you saw multitudes of protesters carrying Mexican flagsprotesting the new Immigration Reform Bill in the Senate. This displayof Mexican flags should give you a heads up on where these protestersallegiance lies. Their hearts are in Mexico and their bellies are in theUnited States. As an American of Mexican Heritage I want to set the recordstraight, American Hispanics are not all thrilled with illegalimmigration. I, for more than 20 years, tried desperately to bring thisnational debacle to the attention of the American people. I had theprivilege of writing for several newspapers, appeared on national andlocal TV and radio programs, and was asked by many political groups toaddress this serious problem affecting my former community (north FortWorth), city, state, and our country. Many will question how I canspeak on this subject with some authority. My simple answer is: I livedwith the problem! Trust me, it was no picnic. Never in my life (I'm68) had I witnessed the lawlessness, the deterioration of my community,and the black market criminal underground activities attributed to theinflux of illegal immigrants. To add injury to insult, politicians soon caved in to the manydemands of illegal immigrants. Notably: bilingual education, bilingualballots, welfare aid, free medical care, etc. Through all this nationaldisgrace allowed by our politicians, have you all noticed that no oneever blames the useless, corrupt, and disgraceful government of Mexico?In contrast, they lanbast and criticize our country. How does that grab you? When I addressed the dangers of our porous border between Mexicoand the United States, and the lax security of our nation, no one paidattention. As I observed the situation, the problem was perceived to bebetween American Hispanic communities and illegal immigrants. WhiteAmericans it seemed assumed that the problem was not theirs to dealwith. In other words they were, asleep at the wheel. However, 9-11soon woke them up. Lets be honest with each other here, white Americans vote in far larger numbers than Hispanics do. And most politicians (Democrats and Republicans) in our city, state, and federal governments are white.
Thus, who is more suited to fix this national disaster? I'm sure most of you know what the answer is. In summation, I'm pleading with white American voters to join mein sending our politicians (Democrats and Republicans) a strong message that we will not tolerate illegal immigrants telling us how to make government policy that will make it easier for them to break our laws. Hope you will join me in this endeavor in our upcoming elections.
James H. Reza4204 Grand LakeLake Worth, Texas 76135

No comments: